WHOSE HACKS? OUR HACKS!
Calling all scientists, software engineers, policy makers, designers, and entrepreneurs – join us for the 5th annual BERC Cleanweb Hackathon! Teams have 24 hours to create new solutions to challenges in energy, environment, and climate, with a chance to win $2000 in cash prizes. Free food, beverages, and swag will be provided throughout the weekend.
Date: 5pm-9pm, Friday November 17, 9am-9pm, Saturday November 18
Location: Berkeley Institute for Data Science (BIDS)
Details and Registration : Register at our-hacks.eventbrite.com
- 1st Place: $1000
- 2nd Place: $750
- People’s Choice: $250
Given recent political and environmental developments, teams are encouraged to work on our Hackathon Themes:
- Data and Software for Environmental Justice
- Overcoming the Politics of Climate Change
- Breakthrough Technological Innovation
What makes this hackathon different?
- Software beyond the startup: the goal is to solve problems with ideas that might not fit into a venture capital pitch (and if they do both, all the better!)
- People beyond the programmer: we are looking for technologists, policy experts, designers, and social scientists to join (or also be) software hackers.
We will be holding a team formation and ideation session on the Friday evening at BIDS, so all you need to bring is yourself and your best ideas to begin building something incredible!
For more information on some past winners, please visit:
- Watttime: http://watttime.com