The BERC Energy Symposium is the premier energy event at UC Berkeley and the largest student-run energy conference on the West Coast. Key players from the research, business development, policy and economics communities converge on Berkeley’s campus to explore innovative ideas and provide a platform for vibrant discussion among hundreds of attendees.
The 2011 BERC Energy Symposium will commence on the evening of Thursday, October 20th with the BERC Innovation Expo, a showcase of cutting-edge energy research, environmental design and entrepreneurship. The conference will take place on Friday, October 21st featuring nine engaging and in-depth panel discussions, three keynote addresses, and a post-conference reception. This year’s event will build on the expertise of energy leaders from a wide range of fields to debate the most crucial issues and strategies for addressing our shared global energy challenges.
- Toward Terrawatt Solar: Growing the Pie Together
- Impact of Renewable Energy in the Developing World
- Bridging the Valley of Death: Financing and Partnership Options for Energy Start-Ups
- Behavior Change: Drivers of the New Energy Market
- Electric Vehicles – No Longer an Idea of the Future?
- The Globalization of Renewable Energy: Can International Cooperation Power a Green World?
- Resource Limitations: Ensuring Sustainability of Clean Energy Technologies
- The Role of Nuclear Power in a Green Energy Landscape
- Plenary Panel: The Role of the University in Addressing Today’s Energy Challenges
- Arun Majumdar – ARPA – E
- Jigar Shah – Carbon War Room
- Ann Marie Sastry – Sakti3
- Dan Kammen – World Bank