There are a number of ways to get involved with BERC and connect with the broader energy and environmental community at UC Berkeley.
1. REGISTER AS A MEMBER
- Click the orange “Join” button at the top of your screen to join as a BERC member
2. GET THE WEEKLY BERC DISPATCH
- If you are a student and would like to receive BERC’s weekly Newsletter outlining upcoming energy/resource events and opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “New member to the newsletter listserv” and be sure to let us know which program you are in at Cal so we can introduce you to your liaison.
- Along with our weekly BERC Dispatch, our Social Media pages and calendar are the best way to stay on top of all of the amazing things going on in the bay area and on campus. You can sync the BERC Calendar with your calendar and can toggle it on/off to stay on top of what is going on and avoid cluttering your calendar.
4. COME TO OUR EVENTS AND PROGRAMS
- The best way to learn of what BERC has to offer is to participate in one of the dozens of events and programs we host throughout the year.
5. HOST AN EVENT/PROGRAM OR START A COMMUNITY
- BERC is as grassroots as it gets. We are the sum of efforts and passions that each student brings to the group. If you are ready for the next step, consider organizing a BERCShop or pitch a program or community around your area of interest. BERC can support your event or program by helping you find a venue, connect you with speakers, sponsors, and market the event. To learn more about these opportunities, contact the VP of Events and Programs or fill out a form to host a BERCShop.
- If you would like to start a community around a topic or idea, BERC can support you in doing so. Just email email@example.com to find out how.
- If you are hosting an event that you would like to have added to BERC’s calendar and Newsletter, please fill out this form.
6. JOIN THE LEADERSHIP TEAM
- Being part of the BERC Leadership Team builds relationships, provides valuable experience, and offers access to exciting and unique professional opportunities. Applications for BERC leadership positions are available on the BERC Website every November and selections are made in December. However the first step in applying is contacting the current leader for the role you are interested in. To see which leadership positions are available and get contact info, see our current leadership team. Both undergraduate and graduate students can apply to lead any aspect of BERC. BERC leaders are the backbone of the organization and keep the BERC wheels turning.
- BERC leaders serve for one year and two months from December to February of the following year. You may have noticed that this means that the outgoing executive team works side-by-side the incoming executive team from Dec-Feb, which is the end of the outgoing team’s term and the beginning of the oncoming team’s term. This overlap allows a smooth transition and allows for all-hands-on-deck for BERC’s Energy Summit in February.